Thursday, April 3, 2008

This should be interesting

Hands are an interesting thing. human hands especially are an interesting thing, they allow us to do all sorts of different things. Anything from creating magnificent works of art, to punching some jerk square in the gut. It is an intricate and magnificent creation.

We have 10 fingers (most of us do as least) and 2 of them are thumbs. Each Thumb is controlled my 9 different muscles. The thumb is a really great part about our hands. Julius Caesar recognized this. During the Gallic wars, Julius Caesar ordered the thumbs of captured warriers amputated so that when they returned to their country, they would serve as examples and be unable to bear arms again. This practice was later used in a number of wars and in the slave trade. Who knew huh? Now as great as a thumb is it can sure be annoying when you hurt it. Like if you jam it, or if you break it you will find that life kinda sucks without the full use if one.

We also have fingernails. Yea I know I, Capitan Obvious, just pointed that out to you. They are wonderful, but some people just don't seem to think so. They seem to be so against them that they chew and rip them off every chance they get. Who knew that fingernails could be such tasty little moursels of delight. Well I don't really think so as I am a nail biter, not to a huge extent, I just don't like them long. I don't bite till I bleed or go too short or anything like that. Yes I know it is gross, and I need to stop. Maybe I can get my fiance to help me with that one. She seems to be able to help me with many other things. Did you know that your thumb nail grows that slowest and your middle fingernail grows the fastest?

Be glad you have hands. Lets look at some other creatures that the Good Lord did not bless to have hands.

-Worms, they just can't seem to get ahead in life without hands. Perhaps if they got some hands they would not have to come up from the ground to the concrete only to be squished by 3 year olds that think it is fun. Ok, so that would not matter probably, but you never know it might.

-Snakes. They at least have a good mouth for biting things, so they got something. If they had hands they just might be a lot more scary.

-Walruses. They have flippers but no hands. poor creatures.

-Flipper. ok well, dolphins, but to me all dolphins are flipper.

-spiders. Soooo if they had hands this world make the world a much scarier place. I can barely stand them now when they don't have hands. If they did, and could open doors and stuff that would SUCK.

So that is enough, just be happy that you have hands, and also that you not only have one but you have two of them. If you have three, maybe you should cut it off, and give it to someone who has only one. That is just not fair for you to have three. Unless of course you have 9 kids, then you deserve one more.


No comments: