Monday, June 9, 2008

Cap and Trade and gas prices

Cap and Trade is not a good idea, and it will probably cause our gas prices to rise some more. Do you like 4 dollar + a gallon all the time? I hope so cause if it passes that is what you will get at some point.

Also I say Drill in Alaska. The Environmentalist and people in Washington are going to bankrupt many many companies, and people are not going to be able to buy things they need because,

A. it cost too much

B. I used up all my money in gas to get to the store to find out it cost to much.

Really, think about it. Just just find the most environmentally friendly way to drill for oil in AK, and then lets drill the heck out of it!(and anywhere else for that matter) Don't wait for the perfect way to drill, it is not there and it will take to long to find.

I mean come on! Is it really that hard to see that we are not fixing the problem? Flex fuel, and Bio fuels. . . . ok that was not a good idea. Many people are starting to see that now. I am not sure if I have a blog on here or not that talks about it (i'll have to check, and see, I have wrote one though) but I said a while ago that it was not the answer, and I have never supported it. All bio fuels did was rise the price of corn and other foods. I am all for new technology to help us. I do drive a hybrid, and I love the fuel Econ of that thing. I don't really care that I kill less polar bears, but I like that I pay less then you do for a tank of gas and still go farther than you do. Anyway not the point. The point is I like technology helping us out. But it is not going to do it fast enough. We need the gas prices to go down so that we can make it. We need money to spend developing new technology.

Is it really going to ever get any better? Is it really going to help to have a new president or are the same problems (or heaven forbid worse ones) going to still hang around? Is it really over four dollars a gallon for gas here? (yes it is)

No comments: