Friday, April 3, 2009

Life As A Conservative

Going through life as a conservative is a very interesting thing indeed.  There are so many emotions that go with being a conservative that is makes going throughout life in this day an age an adventure that is for sure.  A Roller coaster of emotions would be a good way to describe it.

First of all, at the present time I have felt like I have had to be in hiding, only sharing my views with those that are of the same mind-set on the Internet.  Why is this?  There are a great many number of things that cause this emotion that I don't want to get into at this time.  I would rather just talk about what it feels like to be Conservative.

When conservatives are in control of the White House or Congress I feel attacked.  Like I am some sort of a hateful, prejudice person.  When conservatives are the minority I feel . . . well the same thing just in a more intense way.  When we are in the majority I feel that it is so hard to get the things we really need to help our Country done, and when we are the minority I feel like my rights and liberties are constantly being stripped from me one at a time.  

Right now, at the present time, that is how I feel.  Like I am losing my Country to some set of ideals that the United States was not founded upon.  I feel like I am alone in having faith in the system that our forefathers created.  There are so many other people in the world that want to change America, to make it something that it never was, and and what it never should be. 

As a conservative I take great pride in my country.  America is the greatest nation on this earth, and I am proud the be part of it.  I feel great devotion and very protective of our wonderful country and what it was built upon.  I don't feel the need to answer to other countries for being the best, and the leader of the world.  I feel the need to have our country lead the world.  Not for some new world order, but to lead the world to apply the same wonderful and God inspired values that our country was built upon.

I watch the news every day and I feel sad, I feel heartbroken that the beliefs that I was taught growing up about how our country worked are being stripped one at a time, and I can see it on the news.  I feel sad that there are people out there that are trying the "change" our country, and to make it what the rest of the world wants it to be.  Mediocre. 

Is it really that important that we hold true to our core beliefs and not compromise on them?  Is it really essential that we fight to defend our country from ourselves?  Is it really right what is going on in our country?  

No comments: