Thursday, September 20, 2007

My 60 opinions responses

Well I have gotten some decent responses to the last post that I did. I did not think that I was going to get out another blog before my next podcast, but I guess I am going to now. I want to get this done while it is on my mind or I know that I will forget to do it.

Well I am going to respond to an e-mail response that I got today. (by the way I love to talk about all this stuff so feel free to comment or e-mail me.)

the first one is

opinion: I am for the Iraq war and I think that we should stay there and get the job done.
E-mail: What Constitutes Get it done?

Response: Well that is a LONG conversation in and of itself, and I fully intend to post something in depth about the Iraq war, but it will take some time as there are a lot of things that are happening right now that I want to see what happens first.

But to Clearify that one a bit more. We should help the Iraqi people build up a stabel Democoracy. I know that it will take time but it is War, and things do not and will not always go as we want them to. If we turn and run away and "lose" this war everything that we have fought for and everything that people have died for could be in vain and all for not cause Terror could take over there. Also this would in the future effect us, as it would be on emore place for it to grow. We will be attacked again. I just want to make it be as FAR OUT as possible. so if there is one less place for them to be then well lets make it that way. If not we will be there again but I think that it will be under far different circumstances.



Opinion: I think that The US is losing its drive to get the job done.
E-mail: Why do you think so? Is it something that should include the international community? Do we need to look at the roles that the int. community played in our civil war to see what we can justify thru PR to the citizens of our country?


Response: That one is a tough one to answer also and keep it brief. Lets give it a try.

The Iraq war has and is full of twists turns, and failures. There are also many things that have and are continuing to go well. With out getting into the sticks about this one, all in all the war is "behind schedual" We have not met all of the deadlines that we wanted to meet at the appointed times. Well as a whole it seems that America(at least all the loud ones) are saying that we should leave. Well they are saying this when the going was getting tough and we did not seem to be making any headway. If your boss tells you to do something and have it done by Friday, and you do not do you then not do it? Of course not! you do what you gotta do to get the job done and soon. Well that is what we are doing. We are trying to get the job done, and we ware trying to get it done yesterday. there are setbacks, but jsut because we do not acheive our goals that does not mean that we should quit! We should continue on and make it right.

I feel that I am going to drift off of this one. Let mill over how to word this one better and I will get back to everyone on that one.


Opinion: I think that the General is a great man and that anyone that attacks him personally is a cold gutless individual, and that his honor has no reason to be questioned and that it is a great insult to do so.
E-mail: I see your point, but no one is perfect. I am sure that he has made mistakes, even into policy at large. If you can't take criticism then I don't think you belong in positions of power or in the public eye. That is everyone from the General to the President to Britney Spears.

response: Today the President of the United States said something in his press speech. "It is one thing to attack me." We all know that people of power will be attacked when they say things. My comment was in direct response to the Moveon.org ad that was run. It was as the President said "disgusting". That attack was personal plain and simple. It was an attack on the mans charachter, and also on our Military.

I wish that there were more people that would have said anything about the Ad that was run. However there was not much nor enough said, till today. I feel that our President put it all out there and it was the honest truth. I think that he sees that clearly how it really is. If you all search your heart you will know that what they did was wrong, and should not have been done. There are lines that should not be crossed, and that line was crossed by Moveon.org.

It is ok to not like what someone says? Heck yea it is. I am doing it right now. But if you must disagree do it with class. Not like they did. We are all on the same side here. We are all Americans. That is all I would liek to say about this about the current moment.

---------------------------


Well there are 4 more to respondo to and I am sick of typing so I will post those later.

Ask yourself, Is it really about the war? Is it really personal what was done? Is it really. . . .you fill in the rest and ask yourself.

Be safe all and God Bless.




"How are you today?" the man asks, and the happy man replies "Better than I deserve!!"

2 comments:

Lex said...

I thought you were going to keep this updated. Do I need to go on and keep commenting on ALL of your points? ;)

Chris Terrell said...

well it can never hurt to comment on all of my things.