Saturday, December 8, 2007

I hate stupid people!!

I hate stupid people. I feel the the great bill Engvall got it right on how we should fix the problem. Give them all a sign that says "i'm stupid" and we don't ever have to wonder. They would always have to wear it no matter what they were doing or where they were. They should also have a special sticker that they stick on the back of their cars.

Recently I have learned that I feel very strongly that stupid people should not be allowed to drive when other non-stupid people are on the road. They make driving a living hell here in dc. Do you realize that one stupid person can add 2 hours to a 30 min trip! that is just too much. People should now have to take an iq test, and logic and reasoning skill test before they can operate any vehicle on the motor-ways. Cause well if you are not smart and can not think then I don't want you driving the big SUV next to me.

But stupid people are everywhere, and they are not always a bad thing. As long as you are not in a hurry they can provide wonderful entertainment. Let me tell you a story that happened to me the night I bough my Xbox 360 game Halo3.

I was waiting in the checkout line and realized that I did not have my check card with me, or enough cash to pay for my new very desired video game. However I did have a check, and although I feel that they are growing out of style Best Buy does still in fact take checks as a proper form of money exchange.

So about 20 min later I get up to the check out counter, and I find a kid there about 17 or 18. He looks to me to be American, and after he talked I could say for sure that he grew up here. So moving on now, he takes my game and scans it, and then tells me the price. I then proceed to write my check out for the correct amount. Once this is done I take the check and hand it too him a long with my divers license as I knew he would need it.

My DL is out of state, and for some reason people here in DC and VA seem to find it very confusing, and people always seem to be having a hard time interpreting the meaning of everything on it. I find this amusing as it is from AR, and come on, it is from AR how confusing can it be. So he looks at it then at me, then at the DL again. He hands both check and DL back and asks me to write the DL number on the check. I slightly chuckled to myself as I was realizing that he is having trouble, and perhaps some more will come.

Once this was done I handed it back, and he starts to set up the register to take my check, and he types some things into the computer, which I can see the screen of. I see him get to the "enter DL: state" field on the computer, and he typed in the letters "DL". I found this odd as I could think of no state that had the letters DL as there abbreviation, but that perhaps it was a code that you enter when you have an out of state drivers license.

After hitting the enter key the computer screen read that it had a problem, to which the person asked me if I had any other method that I could pay to which I responded no I do not. he called over his supervisor and updated him on the problem. After a few minuets of deliberation between the two, they tried to enter it in again, and this time the supervisor said that DL was the wrong thing to type, and that my drivers license is from Arkansas. The look of "oh ok" on the checkers face was great, but to make for an even better story, it was followed by a look of confusion.

He then asked me what the abbreviation for Arkansas is. I cooly said "AR" and then had to turn away due to my starting to laugh at realizing what had just happened. You see the Arkansas driver license and the state issued id are the same except on the small picture of the state it says either DL or ID one for drivers license, and the other for identification. This person ignored the big letters on my Id that read "ARKANSAS" and looked only at the DL letter, and then when he realized his mistake, he had to ask the abbreviation.

Now ok this is not that bad, but let me tell you how he pronounced my state. "Are-Kansas" not "are-can-saw" . How does someone who grows up here not know how to say that state. Clinton is from there even. You see if he had his 'i'm stupid" sign I could have helped him through this process of my drivers license a lot better, but he must have left it at home or in the break room.

So anyway I am going to stop now as I am hungry and would like to eat right now.

2 comments:

Sweet Cherie said...

Speaking of stupid drivers, my boss asked me last week if I had any suggestions that might help with our tight budget situation (I work for Loudoun County gov't). They're looking for untapped sources of revenue. I suggested having the sheriff deputies ticket everyone who drives slow in the far lefthand lane, which drives me crazy. Its a never-ending source of revenue! And it would solve a few traffic problems too. They didn't really appreciate my idea :(

Chris Terrell said...

In CO they now ticket people for going too slow. They say that it is unsafe driving practices. That it causes people to drive more aggressively thus causing more accidents. I will look and see if I can find the article where I read that. But I like your idea.