Tuesday, December 4, 2007

This makes me upset!!

Ok I know that there are a lot of people in the world that believe different things about this that and the other. We all come from different backgrounds and locations. We are all taught differently and have different experiences in life that will alter the way that we think about issues and problems. Is there anything wrong with this? Of course not! You are allowed to think what you want about anything. In this country it is your right to do so.

We are all given the right to free speech in the US. It is a great thing, if we have a problem then we can state our opinion about something. There are some lines that should not be crossed, but in generally we should be allowed to say something and not be punished for it.(generally speaking)

this however is NOT the case in the US today. Some parties are allowed to do and say as they please, and others have to just shut their mouth cause you might offend someone. Is this fair? No it is not, and it is not right at all.

People are so worried about offending people that they will not say what they feel. the term "politically correct" is one of the few things that gets me angry just hearing about it. We the majority of people must shut our mouth cause you the minority might get your feelings hurt. That is what it is like to me when people try to be PC.

Well it is taking every ounce of will power i have to not type every politically INcorrect thing that I can think of. That is not what this is about. (but I may do another blog later with that one.) Instead I want to copy a link.

College in Florida

This is a transcript from the Glenn Beck show and you can see here that people need to quit complaining when the truth is harsh. You know what? I am going to put what they said here on my blog

"Radical Islam Wants You DEAD!"

you may not agree with me, and you know what? I leave the same challenge that the person in the story did. find me one that wants you alive. I submit that you can not find me one.

I feel that Islam is getting an unbalanced treatment. Or more rather that Christianity is getting the brunt of it. We can learn about the Koran in schools and jewish beliefs among others, but I can not talk about Jesus in school. Last I checked Christianity still wins in the US. i could be wrong on that one, but I don't think that I am.

I want to see people speak out about the war in Iraq, I want to see people say they hate Bush, and I want to see people say abortion is wrong. It is the right to say things that makes this a great place to be. If I want to say that I don't like something, or some organization I should be allowed to do so. I should not be allowed to threaten someone, or some organization as that is one of those lines I talked about before.

So if you are all about getting your PC on then DO NOT read my next blog that will be coming. You will not like it, as I am NOT going to be PC about that topic.

Is it really ok to treat some people better than others? Is it really about offending people that makes us be this way? Is it really the few that dictate what the masses can and can not say? Remember to think about what you just read.

p.s. if you don't like this then post about it,and if you agree comment as well. Free speech rocks!!

No comments: