Sunday, January 6, 2008

Absolutly the Exception

All around us in life there are rules, laws, ideas, theories and many many other things like these. We are surrounded by them everyday and in everything that we do. In church, work, school, & families we will find these things. There are so many rules, and regulations in everything that at times it is hard to know what is right, what is wrong. What is absolute, and what is just a strong guideline?

Before I move forward anymore I would like to clarify what I mean by "absolute." Absolute is something that has no exceptions and there is so way other than the one set forth. For example gravity is an absolute. It always works, and does not change. You could call it a law, but that word does not always work cause I am referring to everything.

It seems to me that some people think in absolutes. That what they know is the way it is period. If it is right to them, then it is right and that is all that there is too it. There are other people that do not think this way. They think in guidelines and have a more open mind for lack of a better phrase.

I feel that I fit the second description better than the first. I know that in some things there are absolutes, but for me to think this way about something it needs to be proven to me. I will believe something but I may not believe that it is absolutely correct.

I was going to list some specific examples of things that I believe to be absolute. However, I am planning on doing another opinions blog, and I think that I would rather put it in there. But I think that if you look at how you think you may see that you think in absolutes or not.

Is there anything that is an absolute? If so what are they? I leave that question for you.

1 comment:

Sara said...

wait... you moved?? or are moving??? what?? and just sneaking out or something?! :(